Fort William is a fort in Anomabu, Central Region, Ghana, originally known as Fort Anomabo and renamed Fort William in the nineteenth century by its then-commander, Brodie Cruickshank, who added one storey to the main building in the days of King William IV. It was built in 1753 by the British after they thwarted a French attempt to establish a fort at the same place. Two earlier forts had been established at the same site, one in 1640 by the Dutch, another in 1674 (Fort Charles) by the English. Fort Charles was abandoned in 1730 and destroyed.
|The Accra Restaurant That’s Inside an Airplane||2019||115.2km||site_ao|
|Black Star Square||2018||111km||site_ao|
|School of Engineering, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST)||173.5km||site_brutalism|
|Forts and Castles, Volta, Greater Accra, Central and Western Regions||1979||73.7km||site_whs|
|Asante Traditional Buildings||1980||147.1km||site_whs|
About the source: Wikipedia
Wikipedia is a multilingual online encyclopedia created and maintained as an open collaboration project by a community of volunteer editors, using a wiki-based editing system. It is the largest and most popular general reference work on the World Wide Web, and is one of the 20 most popular websites ranked by Alexa, as of March 2020. It features exclusively free content and no commercial ads, and is owned and supported by the Wikimedia Foundation, a non-profit organization funded primarily through donations.